
A couple weeks ago, before it's official release, Jeff and I went to see the premiere of the new film Food, Inc. This also meant that we were fortunate to have Eric Schlosser, writer of Fast Food Nation, and the director Robert Kenner there for Q & A afterwards.
I cannot encourage you enough to go see this film! Food, Inc. does a wonderful job of hitting on some of the essential topics about food in the modern world. I've seen several food documentaries, and Food, Inc. seems to wrap all of the major elements hit in the other films into a nice little package. I'm so excited that the topic of the food industry is hitting a mainstream audience. I think it's really important for people to know where our food comes from, how it is produced, sold, and how it effects so many things from our health to our pocket books, to animals, to the everyday farmer, and to the environment.
On a side note, I'd like to suggest some other films and books that touch on food (click on the titles for trailers or more info)...
Fast Food Nation (film & book)- Eric Schlosser wrote the book and a film was made about it.
The Omnivore's Dilemma (book)- So, I admit I haven't read this, but Jeff has told me all about it. The author Michael Pollen also debuts in Food, Inc.
King Corn (film)- Speaks about the effects of the corn industry. It's taking over the world! :)
Supersize Me (film)- This film is a little over the top, but it's fun and touches on the obvious fact that fast food is not healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment