
Jeff and I as zombies

Jeff, Kara and I as zombies

Clockwise: 1) Sandy, Jeff and Joseph. 2) Craig and Sean. 3) Fraggle Rock and Paula.

Clockwise: 1) Run Club - Kiki, Paula, Ryan, Pilar, Joseph, Sandy, Freddy, Kara, Me. 2) Xochitl, Jason, Joseph, Kara. 3) Tania and Freddy.
What a blast this year's Halloween had been! There's no better way to celebrate than to reach into your inner child and dress up! I was informed by one a fellow running buddy Sean that he'd be having a huge Halloween party at his house. Apparently every year it had been such a blast with everybody in costume. I knew I wanted to go, but I was convinced it would be that much better if I could somehow get Jeff to go, which would require him to get in costume. As long as I've been with Jeff he's never dressed in costume, unless it was for an improv or sketch comedy show. He's never participated in Halloween. I've dressed up several times, but he'd always stay at home. That is just not acceptable in my eyes!
So, after many suggestions for costumes, he really got psyched about simply being zombies! Well, then I decided that if that's what we're gonna be, we better be good zombies! I had gone back to Colorado earlier in the month, which gave me the opportunity to visit the best costume and toy store ever, The Wizard's Chest. My good friend Anne went along with me, and the girl behind the makeup counter managed to teach me how to make a great bloody and bruised wound. Awesome, except she used my arm and Anne and I got several scared looks as we walked out of the store. I guess that was a good sign.
My friend Kara participated in a worldwide competition for the largest Michael Jackson Thriller dance (Check out the video below. She's in the second row on the right side in the torn black dress), which meant she was already geared up to be a zombie alongside Jeff and I for the party. Awesome, a zombie clan!
We met up with friends (mostly from Run Club) at Sean's party. It was so much fun, with a huge turnout of people in all sorts of costumes. We danced, acted silly, and the night finally ended after the costume contest (no, we didn't win, but Fraggle Rock/Muppets did deservedly).
No comments:
Post a Comment