Friday, August 1, 2008

Our 5 Year Anniversary


Wow! Jeff and I can't believe it's been 5 years since we got married in beautiful Akumal, Mexico! We've been on such a journey already. Marriage has been such a growing experience. I've learned to be a better human being with Jeff. I hope that every five years I learn as much as I have about myself and about love as I have in the past five years. I love you Jeffrey!! XOXO!!

To celebrate, Jeff and I decide to make an exclusively 'us' day and go to our neighborhood pool and go out to dinner. We've now lived in Austin for 2 and a half years and we just now discovered our great Olympic-sized neighborhood pool, maybe a mile away from our house! It's awesome! And, yes, the idea of our future kids swimming in it some day did come to mind (no pressure Jeff, and Mom, don't get too excited!).

Before dinner, we stopped for a beer and to hear some live blues at Guero's before heading across the street to try out a local Italian restaurant Boticelli's. We had a nice time sitting outside and listening to a local artist Brent Adair, whom I had to buy a CD from. Luckily the music distracted us from the wait on our food, (which we realized later took almost an hour to get!) but we decided we would definitely go back for entertainment and appetizers on the patio again.

No comments: