My mom and I took a three day trip to San Diego to see my half brother Chris.
I hadn't seen Chris in such a long time and it was much overdue. I felt like we got to really connect. Chris took me out to teach me to surf. I'd never been but love the water so I was soo looking forward to it. I loved it! I barely got up on the board, but that was enough to get me hooked. We went out for two days and stayed in the water until our extremities were numb (yes, the water was freezing! Thank goodness for wet suits!). I have to say that Chris is such a sport, being so patient trying to teach a rookie in relentless waves. But it seems that he loves water just as much as I do. It must run in the family.
It was also great to see my mom again, since we cherish any time we can get together now that we live in different states. We had some really great conversations and a chance to shop a bit, which we love to do. Unfortunately, my mom got the stomach flu on the third and last day we were there, so she wasn't able to hang out and felt horrible flying back the next day as well. I can't think of anything worse than having to fly in a plane with the stomach flu! Mom, you're such a trooper!
Evidently sickness was everywhere, because Chris' mom Nancy had been sick as well. However, Chris and I were able to visit with her for awhile and it was great to see her. I'm always so amazed at her energy level, even when she's sick!
Chris and I and our moms talked a lot about our dad. It was wonderful to learn more about him and share that with Chris. The trip really inspired me to reconnect with family again. I hope Chris and I don't go as long without seeing each other as we had before. And, there's a chance there might be another family reunion sometime in the near future. I hope it works out as so.
No comments:
Post a Comment